[MapProxy] Retrieve percentage of a seeding process
Daniel Degasperi
2018-04-12 12:02:26 UTC

I'm wondering, which is the best practice to retrieve the current
percentage of a seeding process.

First I've tried to use the option "--progress-file", but it seems not
storing the information about the percentage. The output of my example is:
{('demo', 'demo_mbtile_cache', 'epsg3857'): [(0, 1), (0, 1), (0, 1), (0,
1), (0, 1), (0, 1), (0, 1)]}

Then I've tried to pipe the stdout into a log file and extract the
percentage from the last line. This approach was already better, because
I've obtained each 30 seconds a update about the percentage.

But still it does not satisfy my needs. I want to update the percentage
every second to show the current status of the seeding progress via a web
API .

The 30 seconds are automatically assigned, because due piping the stdout
into a log file, the seed binary recognize that it's a tty and adds
automatically the "quiet" option
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/blob/master/mapproxy/seed/script.py#L188
and quiet option 1 means no verbose ProgressLog
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/blob/master/mapproxy/seed/script.py#L242
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/blob/master/mapproxy/seed/util.py#L122

Should i make a wrapper around the seeding process and fake the tty to
false?
Has anybody a better solution?

Best regards,
Daniel
--
ATTENZIONE! Le informazioni contenute
nella presente
e-mail e nei documenti eventualmente
allegati sono
confidenziali. La loro diffusione,
distribuzione e/o
riproduzione da parte di terzi,
senza autorizzazione del
mittente Ú vietata e può
violare il D. Lgs. 196/2003. In
caso di ricezione per
errore, Vogliate immediatamente
informare il mittente
del messaggio e distruggere la
e-mail.

ACHTUNG! Die in dieser
Nachricht oder
in den beigelegten Dokumenten beinhalteten

Informationen sind streng vertraulich. Ihre

Verbreitung und/oder ihre Wiedergabe durch Dritte ist

ohne Erlaubnis des Absenders verboten und verstößt
gegen
das Legislativdekret 196/2003. Sollten Sie diese

Mitteilung irrtÃŒmlicherweise erhalten haben, bitten
wir
Sie uns umgehend zu informieren und anschließend
die
Mitteilung zu vernichten.

WARNING!
This e-mail may contain