[MapProxy] WMS, max_output_pixels
Weißmann, Markus
2018-02-05 14:57:55 UTC
Hello, is there a possibility that MapProxy allows GetMap requests larger than the default (4000,4000)? I couldn't achieve an effect with values higher than the default.

Thanks

Markus
d***@bkg.bund.de
2018-02-06 12:30:37 UTC
Hello Markus,

we have higher values running. You can configure this in max_output_pixels in the wms section. And I think you also have to increase the max_tile_limit of the (global) cache configuration, if you are using a cache. Pay attention to the tile size, meta_size and meta_buffer when setting this value corresponding to max_output_pixels.

So our configuration looks something like:

globals:
cache:
max_tile_limit: 2000

#...

services:
demo:
wms:
# ...
max_output_pixels: [6000, 6000]
# ...

As far as I know max_output_pixels limits the total area in pixels of the response image. So a request with 4500x8000 pixels would also be possible.

Kind regards, Dirk

Weißmann, Markus
2018-02-07 08:47:44 UTC
Hello Dirk,

thanks for your helpful advice. Now it works for me too!

Thanks!

Markus